Nokia is killing off Sports Tracker



I was reading the symbian guru the other day and I was saddened to see that Nokia is discontinuing support for Sport Tracker. This was such a great application, and quite innovative if I do say so myself!

I had sports tracker installed on my Nokia N80 and I used a separate bluetooth GPS unit (that added to my bulk) to track walks, hikes and then to get data from those excursions. It was great to plot things on a google map and have a visual of your trip! Since I switched over to the iPhone (2 weeks ago), I've been looking for an app that does the same thing - but there doesn't seem to be something comparable on the iPhone...

It's too bad that Nokia is killing off a mature app. This is something that they could work into their product like, like Apple and Nike have integrated Nike+ on all recent iPhones and iPods with screens.

Comments