PS2 - The Path of Neo | Done
There are some questionable choices made. In the second half of the game you are in this weird construct in the matrix (after fighting the Merovingian, I think) where your enemies are giant anthropomorphic ants (grabbed a screenshot). Like, WTF is this? I was fine with the topsy turvy, MC Esher-style construct where down is up, left is right, and doors don't always work (and you need to find your way out), but give us some enemies that make sense!
I did find it funny that the Wachowskis inserted themselves into game, in the form of Atari 2600-style characters, where they tell you that the ending in the movies (Neo sacrificing himself) isn't what you're getting because you do want that big payoff of a big bad at the end of a game. So the big bad that you got was a GIANT Agent Smith made up of smaller Agent Smiths, and scrap metal, cars, debris, and so on from the Matrix. That was a fun battle, and it looked a bit like an arcade style battle.
Overall Thoughts
Despite the questionable filler content at times, this was not a bad way to relive the content of the first trilogy. For days I had Agent Smith in my head saying "Mr. Anderson..." I also really liked that you can play as someone who's learned all the fighting skills in the Matrix and can put those to use. I wish there was a modern day Matrix game. Ah, and the end credit music wasn't too shabby. Overall a 7/10.



Comments
Post a Comment