Paradise Season 2 Thoughts
Recently, I finished watching season 2 of Paradise, a post-natural disaster show that shows how people prepped and survived an extinction-level event. If you haven't seen the show, stop reading, because...spoilers, obviously.
Most of the season was awesome! I will give it that. I think the way stories were told this season really brought together a lot of threads in an interesting storytelling way, which juxtaposes well with season 1. In season 2 we see Xavier outside of the mountain compound trying to find his wife, and along the way we get to meet people he meets and see them both before the extinction-level event and how they survived it.
My big f*cking gripe is that the big reveal was a super intelligent quantum computer keeps everything running...on top of all that, it can apparently predict future events, calculate multiple probabilities simultaneously, and manipulate space-time (ugh), resulting in a series of timeline anomalies. So...we've gone from survival mode and what happens to humanity, to some kind of 12 Monkeys, Terminator, Timecop bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I love all those series, I just didn't see Paradise as fitting into that mold...
Oh, and as with other post-apocalyptic shows...we can't have nice things, because people (the haves) aren't willing to share (with the havenots)...🙄
Can't wait for season 3...

Comments
Post a Comment