Adieu, TV Time
Welp... the TV Tracking app I used is no more! It's actually been a week since it went dark, but I just had the time to sit down and write a couple of in memoriam words for it.
I had been using the app for a while now, and back in the day it was called TV Show Time. I guess it emphasized discoverability. It was fun to see what friends were watching, and also to keep track of what I've watched, and what I missed. I also, for a while, used Trakt.tv, because Trakt also allowed you to track movie watching, but since I don't watch that many movies (compared to television), and because Trakt had no native app, instead it relied on third parties to make apps for its service (and I liked none of them...), I decided to stick with TV Time. Early on, TV Time also submitted your watchlist to Trakt! This was actually a pretty nifty feature because I could use TV Time, but keep Trakt as a backup. In one of the updates, years ago, this capability was removed. I asked the devs to add it back in as a feature, but their attitude was "why would you ever need that? Our ecosystem is super rad!" 🙄. Well, guess what, it's needed...
The original devs are creating a successor app to TV Time, but given that attitude years ago, I doubt I'll be joining that platform. In the intervening years, Trakt has created a useful Android app (or bought one that existed, IDK), so my needs are covered for now. I did manage to import my TV Time data to Trakt, but I think some of it went missing because TV shows I've watched aren't showing up on Trakt...Oh Well...
Onward...

Comments
Post a Comment